GOLD CREEK CONSULTING LTD. providing Senior Wellsite Geological Consulting Services for the Oil & Gas Industry. Client requirements are met with over 30 years of extensive experience in conventional and non-conventional Wellsite projects throughout Western Canada, the Yukon, Northwest Territories, USA , Northern Poland and Northern Iraq. GOLD CREEK’s SHALE GAS EXPERTISE was utilized in THE BALTIC REGION of Northern Poland, overseeing the GEOLOGY & CORING program on one of Talisman’s first SHALE GAS WELLS in Poland.
Geological Exploration expertise began in 1974 with 5 years Hard Rock Exploration Geology in the NWT, Yukon & Arctic; followed by 7 years as an Geological Exploration Consultant in the Coal industry throughout NE & SE BC and the Alberta Foothills. In 1985 moved into the Oil & Gas industry as a Geological/Mudlogging Consultant throughout various parts of North America; then specializing in Wellsite Geological Consulting in 1990.
Throughout the years GOLD CREEK CONSULTING LTD. has contracted it’s services to many of the major’s such as Dome, Gulf, ExxonMobil, Anadarko, Paramount, BP, ConocoPhillips, Talisman, Stratagem, Power Play Resources, Manitok, Tuzo and a few junior’s as well. The concentration of my Geological expertise lies in the Western Canadian Deep Sedimentary Basin of Alberta & British Columbia. This expertise has been augmented by my past on-the-ground “Rock-Pounding” exploration experience which has given me a strong ability to deal with very complex geological structure scenarios. Other areas of expertise are listed below:
a) Alberta And British Columbia: AREAS & FIELDS – Little Bow, Hinton, Nordegg, Rock Lake, Edson, Rob, Kakwa, Chicken, Gold Creek, Anderson, Chime, Gordondale, Rainbow Lake, Chinchaga, Buffalo Head Hills, Musreau, Lodgepole, Richdale, Beauvallon, Malmo, Harmon, Mulligan, Tangent, Wild Rose, Goose River, Valhalla, Brazeau, Fir, Gunnel, Pouce Coupe, Chowade, Ojay, Graham, Diaber, Kobes, Bullmoose, Jayar, Hamburg, Marsh, Turner Valley, Stolberg, Cordell.
b) Southern Saskatchewan: AREA & FIELDS – Weyburn, Bakken
c) Yukon & NWT’s: AREA & FIELDS – Muncho, Toad, Fort Liard, Norman Wells
d) USA (North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado): AREA & FIELDS – Bakken, Medora, Williston Basin, Pinedale, Big Piney, Jonah, Power Basin, Green River Basin, Uinta, Piceance Basin
e) The Baltic Region of Northern Poland.
f) Kurdistan, Northern Iraq.
Various Wells throughout the U.S.A.
• Various Directional Wells throughout Wyoming, Colorado and North Dakota to evaluate and produce Hydrocarbons from the various formations of the Lincoln, Pinedale, Jonah, Green River and Piceance Basin.
Underbalanced Jean Marie Wells
October 2003 – January 2004
• Horizontally Drilled Underbalanced Wells in the far N.E. British Columbia Area to evaluate and produce the Jean Marie Formation.
Various Wells in Central Alberta
January 2004 – March 2005
• Various Directional Wells in Tangent, Richdale, Bashaw, Little Bow, Beauvallon and Harmon Fields to evaluate Montney, Debolt, Belloy, Bluesky, Sunburst, Glauconite, Viking, Mannville, Ellerslie, Wabiskaw, McMurray and Bow Island Formations.
Various Vertical Wells in the Grande Prairie Area
June 2004 – October 2004
• Various Wells Directional Drilled in Pouce Coupe and Valhalla Areas to evaluate and produce Hydrocarbons from the Montney, Kiskatinaw, Debolt, Halfway and Belloy Formations.
Various Wells in the Fourth Creek Area
March 2005 – May 2006
• Various Directional Wells in Mulligan Field to evaluate and produce Hydrocarbons from the Montney, Belloy and Kiskatinaw Formations.
Various Foothills Wells in Grande Prairie Area
October 2003 – May 2006
Various Directional Drilled Wells in the Goose River, Solomon, Chicken and Vahalla Fields. These wells were drilled to evaluate and produce hydrocarbons from the Duvernay, Dunvegan, Falher, Cadomin, Nikanassin, Bluesky, Viking, Halfway, Gilwood Sands and the Beaverhill Lake.
January 2007 – April 2007
• Vertical Directional Well test of the structurally defined Cadomin and Nikanassin formations for possible Hydrocarbon potential. Secondary zones were Dunvegan and Falher formations.
Hinton Area Foothills Wells
August 2007 – December 2009
• Various Directional “S” Wells drilled to test the structurally defined multi-zoned Hydrocarbon potential of the Notikewin, Bluesky, Cardium, Viking, Dunvegan and Falher formations in the Hinton / Marsh / Obed / Anderson Fields.
Montney Shale Gas Plays in N.E. British Columbia
February 2010 – June 2010
• Various Vertical and Horizontal drilled Montney wells in the Kobes, Diaber, Chowade and Graham Fields to evaluate Shale Gas Potential of the N.E. British Columbia area.
LEWINO – 1G2 in Lewino, Poland
September 2011 – October 2011
• Evaluation of the Silurian Shale section for potential Shale Gas prospects in the Baltic Region of Northern Poland. NOV was contracted to wireline 400 metres of continuous core through the target formation; with GEOKRAK providing specialty samples of Geojars, Isotubes and Desorption throughout.
Montney and Duvernay Plays
March 2012 – February 2013
• Various Horizontal Wells to evaluate the Montney And Duvernay Formations in the ELM and Fox Creek Fields.
Kurdamir-3 in Kurdistan, Northern Iraq
March 2013 – June 2013
• Talisman exploration project in partnership with Western Zagros to evaluate the fractured oil reservoir potential of the Oligocene in the Kurdamir Region of Kurdistan, Northern Iraq.
White Speckled Shale Play at Sylvan Lake
• Evaluate Hydrocarbon Potential in the structurally challenged Second White Speckled Shale unit of Central Western Alberta. Also to expand on the possible evidence of viable “Wrench Fault Systems” and “Pull-Apart Basin” structures.
Oil Bearing CARDIUM Conglomerate & Sandstone Horizontal Wells in Alberta’s Foothills
September 2013 – Present
• Horizontal Drilling of oil bearing Cardium Sandstone and Conglomerate units in extreme structural environments throughout Alberta’s western Foothills utilizing Smart Motor Technology and Wellsite Real-Time Geo-Steering.